View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Goin in!~~~

You all having this bitter cold? It has warmed up a smidge with the sun, but everything is still covered in ice.

I read that too about roos. Just get grouchy. I hope this roo stays sweet. He is a cpl yrs old I believe? I can't trust what the guy said. I'm trying to go by the spur growth. He's a really good boy. William got in the pen and was rounding the girls up wit a stick and smacking them. I was right there, but he "could" have attacked him in the time it me to get in there and handle him. Little stinker. I'm really pround of Solomon. He protected the flock, and cat, from that dang dog too. I'd HATE to have to eat the guy. I pray he stays a gentileman.

Our last roo was great. Untill he got me. Dang hormones or whatever. Nothin I could do. I couldn't keep him seperate or anything. if I can't have a peacefull roo out there that knows his bounderies and be trusted enough to be out with us, than he's dinner. I'm trying to hold that line between pet and food, kwim. It's so hard. It was part of the original plan though. Lord know I'd keep every one if I could.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote