View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
mousemommyx4
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hurtful comments about family size...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneduckstuck5 View Post
We deal with that some and honestly I struggle with the "peer pressure" I feel. But, I'm reminded that my dh and I are the only ones qualified to make the decision about our family size. We feel that God has called us to this and we answer to HIM, not anyone else. We do not ask anyone else to raise our children or support them financially so it's not really up to them. I still struggle with other's opinions but I'm learning to let it roll of my back so to speak.

I will say that I'm very careful not to complain about my circumstances when I'm around others. I try to remain very upbeat and positive about our family. I don't dare complain or act as if my children are a burden or it will just add fuel to their fire.

Big families are very foreign to many people these days. Most of the world lives in fear about the economy and all that's going on in this world and just don't understand how big families make it. For us it's a matter of faith and a lot of people don't get that. It's not my job to make them understand although I will make comments such as "it's God's economy and I just trust that he will provide". We have our ups and downs but we consider ourselves to be very blessed. Our children love being a part of a big family and wouldn't have it any other way (they are normal and do argue with each other but that's just part of the territory).

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this. It's so hard to look different in this world but I'm storing up my treasures in heaven as my oldest son once reminded me. Blessings to you on your journey! It helps to have encouragement from others who have btdt.
I agree with the bolded. Sometimes I forget and complain to my mom and then she starts in on me about how "this is what we chose". My complaint usually stems from having to be in 3 places at one time and not that the kids are actually a burden but she puts that spin on everything. My family is so vocal about us not having any more kids that it really hurts my feelings. I don't think they get how much it hurts though. My kids are amazing and I can't imagine why I wouldn't want more of the same! We also have four girls so we get a lot of the trying for a boy comments.
mousemommyx4 is offline   Reply With Quote