jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Favourite children's books for 1-3 year olds

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
Lots of great suggestions so far. I'll just add ones I haven't seen:

Room on the Broom; The Whale and the Snail; The Gruffalo -- all by Julia Donaldson
Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney
Anything by Phillip and Erin Stead (A Sick Day for Amos McGee, and their newest Bear has a story to tell)
The Olivia series by Ian Falconer (not the TV based series ones, though)
anything by William Steig or Bill Peet
anything by Elsa Beskow, Astrid Lindgren, Gerda Muller, Sibylle Olfers
Old Mother Westwind by Thornton W. Burgess
The Curious Garden
The Cloud Spinner, Michael Catchpool
Harold and the Purple Crayon
Jamie Lee Curtis's books
Mo Willems, Knuffle Bunny trilogy
H.A. and Margret Rey, All of the original Curious George stories
Beatrix Potter stories
The Napping House and King Bidgood's in the Bathtub, both by Don and Audrey Wood
Stone Soup
These look amazing. I know my mum and my aunt (both elementary/middle school teachers) love the Julia Donaldson and Mo Willems books though I haven't read any. Beatrix Potter was a staple when I was little. Jemima Puddleduck was my favourite, and my friend read it to Jammy recently and was H.O.R.R.I.F.I.E.D. hahahaha

The Sybille von Olfers - I saw a book of hers in a book shop once last year. I hadn't ever seen or heard of her before, and I was absolutely entranced. I'd forgotten her name and have since been desperately asking booksellers if they knew a book that was sort of wistful and delicate and something to do with flowers or trees. *That* went down like a lead balloon. So you've got my eternal gratitude for that one.

Thank you so much everybody! I'm going to make an amazon wish list for her for Christmas.