View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
crowealethea
Registered Users

Re: Vent! and praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22sofar View Post
Hugs! It will get easier and you will find your groove. Sometimes I found with child care a written instruction sheet of the big things is helpful, even a laminated index card with diaper and feeding instructions. That way if the caregiver changes throughout the day (covering breaks or whatever) they can reference that. Cut yourself some slack in the housekeeping/laundry department for a while-do what is essential and let the rest slide a bit. My DH is awesome, he really is, but he would never take initative (even if it was on a list) of things that need to be done, he just doesn't see it. But if I ask him, he is great, happy to help. It drives me a little bonkers that he can't see that kids lunches need to be made and the dishes need to be put away, but I have accepted that he doesn't see it, and if I do ask, he helps. Hope you find your groove soon!
Same situation here. My DH is wonderful but need to be instructed. I can imagine how stressful & frustrated you might be feeling. I would say push on your DH a little & get some outer help if possible.
crowealethea is offline   Reply With Quote