Thread: Losing my milk
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Losing my milk

I don't know what to tell you except that I understand. With all my kids (5, 2 sets of twins so nursing together), my milk starts to dwindle slowly around 7-9 months. By the time they are a year, I have almost nothing. Nothing I do helps. It's awful and I HATE it. Now that I know, I stock pile milk for when it happens so I don't have to give formula. I don't work, but with my first, I was exclusively pumping from 6-10 months when I gave up because my supply was so low. Sounds like you are doing what you can.

Is there anyway you can add any more pumping sessions or add some in during the evening? I pump like crazy and I feel like it really does help my supply (for a while). Try some power pumping sessions maybe. That is when you pump for 10 minutes on and then 10 minutes off over an hour. The first time I pump till the milk is gone then every 10 minutes on and off for an hour after that.

One other thought I just had....could your cycle be coming back? Some women have their supply dip just before AF comes each month. I get mine back early (at 6wks with my first single baby and I'm only 3wks out from my second single). That doesn't happen to me, but I often wonder if getting my cycle early is related.

Sorry I don't have any other suggestions....Oh wait....there is one other supplement you can try. It's called More Milk Plus and I'll give you a link. It works very well for a lot of women. The liquid works better than the pills and the one in alcohol works better than the one without. Here is a link: http://www.motherlove.com/product/53...Milk-Plus.html

Good luck!!