View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
blessedx8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hurtful comments about family size...

We have 11 (2 are my stepsons) and we have definitely gotten our share of comments over the years. It has gotten better with family though. The last time someone mentioned me getting pregnant again, my mom just laughed and said that it wouldn't surprise her. Could have knocked me over w/ a feather since she's been the most vocal about it!

We just don't let the comments bother us anymore. I know, I know, that's easier said than done, right? Believe me, I'm as thin-skinned as can be sometimes, especially when it comes to my family, but we have seen God provide for our needs over and over and over (it's just amazing!!!) so that makes it sooooo much easier. People comment to me all the time about how my kids are so well-behaved and how they get along and are willing to share both toys and work and I know that it's from growing up in a large, hard-working family. So I would suggest to anyone to just let it go and just rest in the knowledge that you're following God's plan for you and your family.