View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me about your crock pot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
Do you mean there's stainless steel in the bigger, heater-element part and then the insert is ceramic? If so, yes that's what I have.

It's a Rival. I'm not a fan, but have read so many different things from different people about different styles (or different things about the same styles) that I just don't know what to try next. I don't want to waste my money, you know?
I have 3 crock pots all together (and I've been known to use all 3 in one day, haha) and I have 2 like yours... and they BOTH do the same thing. I love the fact that you can remove the crock and put it in the dishwasher, but I hate how quickly they cook no matter what, and how hot the outside gets!

I have the biggest oval-shaped one, and the only thing I use it for is cooking a whole chicken... it works great for that, cooks the chicken in about 6 hours. I don't trust it for anything other than that!

I have the large round Rival with the removable crock... I avoid using it because it takes FOREVER to warm up, and then all of a sudden its overcooking my food. I don't get it.

And then I have a smaller old school round crock pot that is from the 1980's, all one piece. I LOVE it. I do everything in it and its the first one I reach for unless I'm cooking a chicken. I make yogurt, soups, stews, I even try to cram pot roast in there!! I wish the other two were as great and reliable!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote