View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
Laurelizzy
Registered Users
seller

Re: K12.com Homeschooling?

We use K12 through CAVA as well, and so far we like it. We pulled our kids mid year from a traditional public school and I felt like I needed the extra support to transfer. We may change it up in the future, but for now the laid out plans and curriculum are saving me tons of stress on homeschooling for the first time. It is a lot of work, but well rounded not an unnecessary amount and it is self paced. So my older son that was bored in his public school classroom is now being able to take assessments and move past standards he has already mastered. I don't think it is a bad thing either that they are required to attend specific virtual classes. Which actually with our school all lessons are recorded for students who miss, so your actual attendance at a specific time is not mandatory. I prefer my children to attend the classes live though, cause I feel it does teach them about schedule and being on time and present at things they may not love. It's an important skill to learn, like for a job in the future. =)
Laurelizzy is offline   Reply With Quote