View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
isabelsmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOVEMBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for a while and decided it's time to introduce myself. So here's my story:

DH and I have been married for 10 years, together for 15. We have a bio DD who is 4. We have struggled with infertility (mostly unexplained, though we suspect it's mostly caused by hormone imbalance in me) for years. Tried Clomid- nothing. Now on first cycle of Femara, about a week til AF is due. We have been seriously discussing adoption for about 6 months. I know we are supposed to have more kids. Our DD really wants to be a big sis and she would be amazing. My DH is the best dad I have ever known. We have room in our home and lots of love to give. We started out considering domestic infant adoption, then considered international. All along we were trying to pick the "easiest" route, but at every turn God has revealed that what's easiest in our eyes is not necessarily what He had it mind. At first we were not even considering foster to adopt, but now we've really felt called to not only consider it, but pursue it at this time. Yesterday we met with an amazing couple who has an adoption/foster care ministry at their church. They were the most amazing source of encouragement to us, prayed with us, shared all about their story and answered all of our questions. They told us repeatedly that we don't have to go through this alone, that they are here for us as support, encouragement, just someone who's been there and done that. I met them through a mutual friend and to have them take such an interest in us to drop everything to meet for several hours on a saturday afternoon really blows me away. I am so incredibly thankful for them.

So- we are going to apply to become foster/adopt in our state with a Christian agency. We want to maintain the natural birth order in our family, so we will only foster/adopt children who are younger than our daughter. I know this may limit us, but we feel strongly about it. Of course we are praying to only get adoptable placements, but we know that things are never set in stone (until the judge signs the decree of course).

What words of wisdom do you have to share with a newbie?