View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nevermore Stargazer is finally here

DH was not home nor has he been home all weekend. we knew that when he signed up for the medical study that it was always a possibility that he may miss the birth.

at 11 pm on on thur night i noticed some pink discharge when i went to the bathroom, i called my friend who would be coming to my unassisted home birth to let her know that i was going to go to bed and that tonight may be the night. at 1:30 am i woke to use the bathroom and felt a little crampy but decided to lay back down. 2 am there was no denying that i was in labor and i called my BFF to tell her i was going to start setting up and she should head over since historically my labors have all been under 4 hours.

i set up the birth tub and candles etc while waiting for her to arrive and after the tub filled i got in around 3:30 am. the contractions at that point were starting to get more intense and i moaned through them.

at 6 am DD woke up and came to the kitchen, i invited her in the tub with me and we cuddled a little while before she wanted to get out. around 6:30 i felt the need to push, i pushed a few times and felt the head but the baby was not coming out. we discovered that the water bag was still intact and we decided to break it to make it easier for the baby to come out. i kept pushing but she was just not coming out so we slowly massaged and stretched the vaginal opening over the babies head until she finally born at 7 am. i was soooo excited that my hunch was right and that she was a girl! the reasons she was so hard to push out was because she came out with the complete top of her head presenting rather than the back of her head.

we sat in the tub for a half an hour before cutting the cord then i took a shower and delivered the placenta in there. my BFF was sweet enough to cut it up for me and freeze the chunks and make me a placenta smoothie. she also drained and cleaned up the birth tub while Nevermore and i laid in bed. The boys had woken up shortly after she was born and came to see us in the birth tub. ds2 had tons of questions about the cord and blood lol

Nevermore was 10 lbs 4 oz, 20.5 inches and head 14.5 inches

right after getting in the tub, i used a red light and candles for a nice atmosphere

DD snuggling with me in the birth tub

lifting baby out of the water

Feeling those placenta contractions

Baby's first nursey

Super crunchy, atheist, raw vegan, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 15, Seth 8, Pandora Moonlilly 4 and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012) and married to the love of my life and SAH DH.
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote