View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #84
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: toddler boys with long hair...cut the bangs or let it all grow?

Well I don't have any boys but if i did, I would let his hair grow long. We are native american and most guys let their hair grow and it's soooo beautiful. Generally you don't cut your hair unless you are in mourning. My hair wasn't super long but it was halfway between my shoulders and mid back and after my dh passed away I chopped it. I still have short hair. Anyways, when I bring people to a powwow and watch the little kids, most people think that the little boys are all girls, but it's pretty obvious IF you know the particular hair styles (guys usually have two braids, girls have one unless they are fancy shawl/jingle dress dancers and then it's fairly obvious they are girls) and the different dress styles you know the difference. I dated a guy in high school with the most GORGEOUS long hair. I cried when he cut it when he went to the military. He hasn't grown it out since leaving. When I was growing up my mom didn't raise us knowing any native american customs and she cut my beautiful long hair in first grade. I had the ugliest home hair cut known to man. I swore I would never do that to my girls. They all have long hair. They keep it long mainly so they can braid it for powwows and because they like it. I don't know where I am going with this rambling, lol. You could cut his hair and people might still call him a girl. I wouldn't worry about it. .