View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #43
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

Liz, I'm sooo sorry sweetie. I bet you were so upset. So thegirls are ok? We have a halw issue too, just no close calls yet. GLAD you were out there!

What a PTIC* to get him for an 8th of an inch! I bet he was either new or took the deere for himself! Ray's jaw dropped when I told him. Poor guy! We can't afford the class right now so Rays dad is gonna get the liscense (he's old enough he doesn't have to take the class) and Ray can buy the stamp and hunt with him once. Then next year he can take the class. Please pray if he's able to go he bags something. We NEED it! We counted 5 deere on the land behind our house by the road yesterday.

The 2 that hatched died? I think I let them stay in the egg too long and should have helped. I garentee they were dehydrated? I just don't know. Errr. 2 PERFECT little cochins, 1 was blue. I now has wired a fan in the bator in hopes for better results regarding temp, humid, and hatch time. I got 2 fans out of the puter. I'm rounding up materials bit by bit for the homemade bator.

Becky, we used to do dehorning and things like that at the vet and I can't. I couldn't even consider it for myself. I highly rec those blinders.

New Mommy- Welcome! I found fast I have to steere clear of the chicks, eggs, and chickens, lol. I want them all. Congrats! Can you keep the coops close so they get to know eachother through the fence? Or like Liz did and free range them together? I hav a run that seperates and can close the door. I turn it into two pens and keep the new's on the other side. Be SURE to watch health of the news. I know most don't but I treat all new chickens, and I still ended up with darn scaly leg. I'm currently treating for it now. That is a big age diff and you may have some trouble. When you do take that step and put them together, just know they have to establish the pecking order and some squabbling is normal. It's hard to watch, just keep an eye out for any bad fights or ganging up so you can intervene right away. If you need help, were here. The bigger the # of the news added at once the better. One or two will get ganged up on.

AFM-------------I have a a dang broody. It's mid 20's out and this chick thinks she wants littles, ha. I sure hope she snaps out of it with this cold today!

Oh crud, when I was stabeliseing the temp after installing the fan, I know bad timeing, the temp spiked to 109 for a cpl mins. I hope I caught it fast enough to prevent damage. I also had my first explodeing eggs! ike a gun going off in my hand. Ahhh! Raunchy.

Off to the dentist.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote