View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

When did older children visit after c-section?

I'm scheduled for my repeat c-section at 6:45am this Friday and I have an almost 3 year old daughter. I have to be at the hospital at 4:45am and have asked my mother to take my daughter to school and then come straight to the hospital. Her school starts at 7am and is 10 minutes from the hospital. My mom would likely be back at the hospital before I even make it into recovery.

My mom is throwing a fit because she won't actually get to be there during the surgery (she's not even going to be in the room, hubby will). She wants to bring my DD to the hospital and then take her to school afterwards so that everyone can meet the baby right away.

I feel like I do not want my daughter to see me in recovery, I will be groggy and out of it. The baby may have some complications as I am delivering at 37 weeks due to being on bed rest the last 2 months and I'm not sure yet what might happen. It may be a hectic morning. I would much rather my daughter come to the hospital later that afternoon when we are all settled in to post-partum and can spend some quality time. I also want my daughter to have a normal routine and a good day as it will be the start of a lot of big changes for our family.

When did your older children come see you in the hospital? Did they spend a 'normal' day as to not disrupt their schedule?