Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: spotting 8 weeks PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
I'm 8 weeks PP now. My bleeding stopped 5 weeks PP. DH and I resumed 'activity' at 6 weeks, and I saw my MW at 7 weeks. The pap was fine, exam was fine, everything healed beautifully. Then at 8 weeks PP I had a day of heavy discharge and then a day of spotting. Is this my AF returning? I'm EBFing. With my other two EBF babies AF was around 6-7 months, not 8 weeks. So this would be much earlier than anticipated, but I honestly can't remember what a normal period is like.

it's even crossed my mine that I'm pregnant again?!? Normal to spot while EBFing even before a normal AF returns?
It could be a "warning bleed". I've read many EBFing mamas get a spotting/cycle-type bleed before they start ovulating again.

Yes, you *could* be pregnant, though it is unlikely if you are EBFing on demand.

Yes, it is normal to spot while EBFing, even before a normal AF.

I spot all the time very randomly while BFing. And I have regular AFs starting back at 6 wks PP. Everytime. And I EBF.

It's just that your hormones are out of whack, so you sometimes get "break through bleeding" in your cycles. Nothing to be alarmed about. It's totally normal.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote