Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Hoping your u/s brings you good news and along with that a bit of relief so you can hopefully start to enjoy this pregnancy a lil bit more.

AFM: I survived yesterday. I was less emotional than I thought I'd be about this day. I worked a 12 and I kept busy, so I think that really had a lot to do with it. By the time I got home I was exhausted and went to bed shortly after. DD and I talked about Colton but my DH didn't even acknowledge the day. We really didn't get a chance to do anything memorial-wise, but there's a yearly candle vigil in early December that we'll go to like we did last year. Little miss is moving daily still. I suspect she's still breech since I'm frequently getting kicked in the cervix, which feels really weird. 23 weeks now and my next appt is next week Friday. DD's golden birthday is on Thursday (the 8th) and her friend party is this weekend. We're doing a Spa Sleepover theme. She invited 6 other girls. I've volunteered DH to stay up and keep them in line all night. Over the weekend we picked out fabric for the crib bedding. MIL is a seamstress and will make it for us. We went with an owl them (cute, not obnoxious) in colors of lavender/aqua/off white. I bought extra fabrics to make my first patchwork quilt to match. If it's anything like the knitting I started last November then it'll never get done. LOL!
Thanks Trace. Me too. There are times, like days when I'm feeling movement, that I can picture this happening. But there's still this... something in me, some part of me, that is holding back and won't let hope come in. for a wonderful u/s to help overcome that.

I'm glad you had an all right day Monday. I don't know what we'll do come February - it's not like we've done this before, kwim? I think the kids will want us to have a cake - maybe just a small cake and balloons

Good luck with DD's party! Ruthie's is Friday - she's only got 3 girls coming over, but they'll be sleeping over. Good thing DH likes to stay up late anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Had another quick checkup at the peri yesterday and bean is growing great at 42mm (measuring 1 day ahead). My thyroid is actually hyper despite not keeping down my meds many days (I'm usually hypo and have Hashimoto's). So I get to not take them at all and we'll re-check in 2 weeks. Peri once again said that baby is looking great and he can't think anything will go wrong at this point. I'm slowly starting to tell more people-mostly from work where the rumors have been flying high since I've been on sick leave for 4 weeks now and people have been thinking I'm seriously sick. (well not that the hyperemesis is not serious but I will most definitely survive it!) 11w tomorrow (not sure why my ticker is off a day?)
for good appts!

ticker - just adjust your EDD by a day if you want to make it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29 View Post
I'm 9 weeks today. This is the week I lost one of our 2 rainbow babies. :/ kind of nerve wracking. I have a midwife appt next Wednesday so I'm ready for that. we have a Doppler at home and I got to hear the heart beat yesterday. yay!!!
Getting past the point of previous losses is really tough.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote