View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #73
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

I keep my plugs out full time. I fought it before trying to keep it high and I'm going with lower #'s now. I have the other eggs in the crappy, lol, bator. I like it much better with the fan. SOOOO much more stable. I have the plugs out on both. All of them. I'm getting stable everything and better ventilation. Before I made the change, the water was getting ripe. I may end up selling a lot of the excess hens. The roos will be meat for sure, than we have the 2 I know for sure are keepers. Have to see who hatches before I know how many I'm keeping for sure. Oh, also keeping the blue. Well, I have to see if the other 2 are roos or not. Spring will tell. I told Ray we HAVE to get the big freezer before spring. I have no room for anything. I hope I don't keep getting late hatches now that I changed my humidity. Also, the fans.

So I went to check on the broody and she abandoned the eggs. Do you think they are ok to eat? She only sat for the cpl days and I candled them and saw absolutely nada. I went through all that crap in the sleet for nothing!

Oh Liz, I wondered if you'd give in to the bator bug, haha. Plus, the HUGE bonus is no wait when spring arrives. They will be old enough to tell who's what and ready to lay.

Becky! You poor Moma. You have so much goin on with that flock. How are the girls? Still picking? You should consider those blinders. I hear such awsome things about them.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote