Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crochet Baby Doll - Thoughts Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Hi I love this doll!!!

1 I like the eyes
2 nothing additional for clothing but maybe you can add a few stitches yellow or brown yarn on the top of the forehead in brown or yellow so it has a little hair. Not hair that dangles but just a little bit. Also for a boy doll you can make the body blue
3 I do like the leg option because then babies can grab doll better. Maybe you can crochet a little blanket in the babies hand that way it is attached and will not be lost
4 I think the pricing should go as follows
Doll like the one pictured $20
Doll like the one pictured w/a (doll sized) blanket attached $25
Doll like the one pictured but with legs $25
like the one pictured w/ legs w/a (doll sized) blanket attached $30

GREAT JOB!!! It is so beautiful!!
I appreciate all of your feedback, thank you! I loved the idea of the little crochet blanket so I did make one and added it to my daughter's doll. I like your price breakdown, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARogers View Post
The doll is beautiful!
1. I really like the eyes closed
2. I don't think other available outfits would make me buy the doll but it would be nice if you had other options as pp mentioned (overalls, different gown color).
3. I like the doll without legs for younger ones, but I think an option with legs would be nice for older kids (we have doll CDs that could be used on it).
4. I would purchase the doll pictured for $20 and go up from there depending on the add-ons.
Thank you for your thoughts on my doll. The colors would almost always could be chosen by the customer so gown color, eyes, hair, etc.

Good point on the cloth diapers for it if it had legs. I like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyn4wisechix View Post
1. LOVE the doll!! The eyes are adorable!!!

2. I think extra outfits are a great idea... maybe you could sell it as a layette for one purchase option (as opposed to buying the doll alone). I agree w/a PP, if a doll would look more boyish (overalls), I'd be more likely to buy it for my DS too.

3. I think this is just too cute... I think younger kiddos would LOVE this... but having kids of a wide age range myself, I can say that I think if you want to broaden your market, I'd maybe offer both options (cuddle baby & a baby w/legs) as older kids like legs, or at least mine do... they like to set their babies in high chairs, strollers, etc. & w/out legs they just flop over ... & that causes frustration... at least in my house it does... now the cuddle babies are set aside for the baby & the toddler opts for babies w/legs as do the older kiddos.

4. I agree w/others to start at $20 & go up from there.
Thank you! That is a good idea about broadening my market by making two types of dolls so that they would appeal to different ages. I made a pair of overalls and put the photo on the first post and of course they can always be made to look like a pair of boy overalls and the baby like a boy!
Calming the Storm
TexasMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote