Thread: C-section ?s
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
kileysmama
Registered Users
seller

C-section ?s

So I am due with my 3rd LO in February. Due to some complications with DD2 (brain hemmorhage which led to seizures/stroke) my husband and I were worked up for bleeding issues/disorders etc. Turns out that while they do not believe that it caused my daugther hemmorhage, we are at risk for having a baby that has neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia. Because of this our doctor feels that a C-section this time around is best. I'm not crazy about the idea, but am accepting of the fact that it truly is best for baby. I'm still freaking out about it though, and have a TON of questions.
1) How soon before I can hold my baby?
2) How does the csxn affect breastfeeding? How soon can I breastfeed? I've dealt with oversupply with my other two, but I've heard planned csxns often struggle with supply?
3)With my vaginal births I never took anything other than motrin...obviously I'll likely be needing something stronger this time around. How has this affected your LOs when breastfeeding?
4)How soon before usually before you're in a postpartum room typically?
5)I desperately want to be able to see my other 2 girls that afternoon/evening. They are 4 and DD2 will be 21 months when I have this LO...I don't want to traumatize them either...will it be appropriate for them to visit?
6)I'm assuming I'll need someone with me the first night especially if I want to keep baby with me, but I prefer DH to go home with the others kiddos to try and keep things as normal as possible. Will I need someone after the first night with minimal help from the nurses or would I even be able to keep baby with me?
7)How awful is it going home...especially with older kiddos (DD1 is 4 and fairly independent, but super active...and sassy. DD2 again will be 21 mos., and she's super attached to me now). I've told DH that he needs to take at least 2 weeks off of work. Will that be enough? Getting others to help is kind of a pain b/c my MIL is super sweet, but drives me nuts so she's only helpful in small doses, my mom usually watches my sister's kids (and not really well) so I end up with 4 kids tearing my house apart instead of just my own 2, and most of my close friends also have kids so I really don't want to burden them...plus again some of them it ends up being more like a circus than any help with the addition of their kids.

Lastly, what kind of things will I need/make thigns easier in the hospital and at home. Can anyone reccomend an abdominal binder? If you've used one did it seem to help?

Ughh thinking about this is giving me anxiety.
kileysmama is offline   Reply With Quote