View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #156
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Gender thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donthaveaclue View Post
I had never heard the whole "multiple showers is tacky" thing until about a year ago and I thought it was so odd. I have family who have had 4 kids and 4 showers and a friend who had 5 kids and 4 showers (one set of twins). I always enjoy the showers and feel like they are for the baby not the parents. Why are you against multiple showers? We have had memebers at our church who were against having a 2nd shower for their own pregnancies and our members still wanted to do things for them and bought them gifts anyway. I wonder if it depends on where you live because not having a shower with every baby was unheard of until I moved.
I think it is odd when shower are denied to mothers. You don't have to do gifts, it is just fun to get together and celebrate a new life! I personally am really looking forward to this shower. I missed mine with the twins because they were born so early. Oh and I have a point for gifts and second showers - most of our stuff did NOT survive the twins. They destroyed everything in their path even though this is girl #3 we need a bunch of stuff and it would be super nice if we didn't have to buy it all this time like we did with the twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
Popping in to say we saw parts popping out! We're on team BOY!
YAY!!! Another for team blue, congrats mama