View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
math suggestions?

this year we started on CLE math for my two oldest. i like it ok, but im not sure a spiral curric is best for them. they dont seem to be retaining it all that well. also, there are things that they must have did the year before that are in this year with no explanation on how to do it. im thinking more of a mastery approach might be better. im really just no sure though. i am not very good at math i am honestly just lost and i dont want to keep trying different math currics. in the past couple of years we have tried Math Mammoth (i just couldnt understand it and couldnt help them well), ALEKS (kids hated it). i dont want any online math, i cant spend a ton either. i need a math program that i can help them with. also my oldest is really behind on math so both my dc's are doing the same year right now. We also tried MEP and I was too confused. I am not good at understanding math, lol. I am seriously considering a vintage math program. Suggestions?