View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #91
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

Sarah, a thought. What if you DO give her a bunch of golf balls. Then you wouldn't have any trouble figuring out which were "hers". You're just going to have to be on top of collecting eggs, 2-3 times a day if you can manage to keep her off the other girl's eggs. This hatch would be right on time to slip her a few chicks in exchange for her golf balls in the middle of the night, kwim?

Sarah you'll be happy to know I added lacy's green egg from today to the bator for a total of six. I kinda hope they don't all hatch. But I added it just to add a buffer if some weren't fertile or quit. So I have 3 each of Carmen's and Lacy's. Should give me a bit of an idea what coloring each girl will make with my rooster. Temp/humidity stable all day today, I bumped the thermostat just a frog's hair to keep it closer to 100. It was dropping down to 98 air temp fairly often. The probe in the water wiggler was staying at 99 but I didn't want it to go too low. Humidity's been stable all day.

Poor big girls, the wind is roaring outside tonight, we have another cold storm system blowing thru. As hard as it's blowing, I decided to turn on the heat lamp and they are contentedly basking in it. It's not terribly cold outside but my coop being as open as it is, I worry that the wind will make it too drafty for comfort. I coddle them, I know.

Just for fun, here's what's in the bator, 3 from each of the girls with this rooster:

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 11-08-2012 at 11:10 PM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote