Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
I just found this thread and I want to join all you ladies My name is Amanda and I have 2 little girls (4.5 and 2.5) and a wonderful DH. We got pregnant last fall and were due in July. On January 3rd I started bleeding and went to the ER where we discovered our baby has passed. My first appointment was only a couple days away and we had been waiting to hear the baby's heartbeat I was 10 weeks but the baby measured around 7-8 weeks. No one in my family had ever miscarried, I never expected it with 2 prior total normal pregnancies. Just was very emotionally hard on my husband and I and our oldest daughter who understood the loss and had to heal as well. I was unprepared to deal with the loss and still feel sadness over it. Last month was our first month NTNP, but that quickly turned into kind of TTC when I started to feel ovulation pain and started temping etc. Anyways it worked the first month and we are due July 15th!!!! We are so excited but I am so nervous!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you ladies!!!
Amanda - don't know if you remember me, but we were in the JuneBugs group together

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand what you mean, about it being totally unexpected after your healthy pregnancies - we had our first 3 pregnancies with no troubles before we had any losses. Then 3 followed before we got a sticky Levi.
It sounds... maybe strange, maybe odd... but the first and 2nd miscarriages were the hardest - the first because it was totally a shock, the 2nd because I (naively) thought it couldn't possibly happen twice. After those ones it got... easier somehow. Then we lost Elli... and that was a whole different loss altogether.
It is totally normal to feel sadness about your loss - it was at the time, it is now, and it will be for the rest of your years. Grief is strange, and comes and goes (seemingly) with no rhyme or reason. That's totally normal. I've found, honestly, it's easier to let the waves of emotion come. Don't fight them. Just let them come, and they will recede.

(and sorry for the novel there)

Congrats on your new little bean! for many healthy months to come with this new little one growing inside you.
This is an absolutely wonderful group, I'm so glad you found it... while at the same time so sorry you "belong" here. It's okay to say what's on your mind. Even if we haven't felt the same, we are here to listen and to lend a shoulder when needed.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote