View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #24
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Crafty Mama's....care to share what you've made

Heather- That is so sweet of you! I wish I was a better knitter and I could read a pattern, but it is like reading a foreign language to me! I found a WAHM on DS that is willing to knit with my yarn, so I am super excited! I found the color combo I want at JoAnn's in bamboo and it is super soft! Now I just need to find 6 skeens with the same dye lot!

So, while I was feeling bad that I hadn't even started anything for this little one, I started cleaning out my sewing fabrics and my bin of already completed projects. I am soooo excited... I found a bunch of fleece shorties that I had made a couple of years ago in boyish fabrics, 3 different taggie blankets and a bunch of wash clothes!! So, I already have a bunch of stuff made up for this little one! I think my big (new to me) sewing project will be some blankets. I have a TON of minky fabric, so I was thinking of buying some boy colored flannel backed satin and some satin binding and making a blanket. I think I might need to buy a walking foot for my sewing machine since these fabrics are very slippery, but I think it will be a great blanket for this little boy! I also want to make some ex-large receiving blankets. A friend made me 2 when DD was born and they were perfect. She made them out of woven cotton, so they were nice and cool in the summer. I think I want to do a couple of flannel ones and a couple of woven cotton ones. FINALLY, I am getting excited about making some stuff for our sweet boy! Hmmm... wonder if taking the Fluoradix has anything to do with it. I feel terrible with a cold, but suddenly have energy and clarity of the brain...

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote