View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #12
MillieP
Registered Users
seller

Re: Asked to be adoptive parent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donthaveaclue View Post
Another thing to consider is maybe requiring the mother to take birth control education classes, discussing abstinence with her or something along those lines so she doesn't just keep having kids and getting rid of them. This is such a sad situtation and 100% preventable.
OK, I'm sorry but this is so super offensive to me. It's not anyone's job to control anyone else's reproductive choices. *Requiring* her to take birth control education classes? Do those kinds of classes even exist? And on what authority would you require that? I can see maybe, MAYBE, offering support if she wanted more information about reproductive choices or birth control (not something I would ever do but I wouldn't cringe at that in the same way), but the way you phrase this sounds so disrespectful to the expectant moms in these situations. Pleasee try and have some compassion for a difficult situation, without making assumptions and judgments. ESPECIALLY if you are going to even consider becoming an adoptive parent. Thanks.
MillieP is offline   Reply With Quote