sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Getting of BC pills and Hashimotos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Nothing helpful to add about your question, but wondering how you got your Hashimoto diagnosis. My mom has it, and I keep getting thyroid panels done every six months bc I have so many of the symptoms, but they all come back normal. I feel like my doctor isn't actually taking me seriously at all. :-/

Which bc pill are you using?

I've always assumed that the best thing to do is finish out your current month so that you're next AF comes as scheduled. Then usually they say about three months before you'd be successful ttc. Though I've beard of plenty of people getting pg the first cycle off of bc.
A thyroid panel will only show you your thyroid levels. They have to test spacifically for the antibodies for Hashimotos. Thyroglobulin Auto Antibody and a Thyroid Peroxidase Auto Ab should be run. Also, I've heard of people who have NO antibodies at all and still have Hashi's! Are you on Facebook? A good page to look at is Thyroid Sexy (weird name I know). This is Gena Lee Nolans page. She used to be a Bay Watch babe. She has Hashi's and is trying to spread thyroid awareness. Lots of good info on tests that should be run and other wonderful suggestions Yes, please don't let your doc tell you your 'fine'. I felt sick for years before I finally got a nurse practitioner that immediately thought I had thyroid issues and ran a number of tests and what do ya know? Hashis! I am sorry you are not feeling well. It stinks when you know your body is not running full tilt but the docs just shrug it off. I hope you can get diagnosed soon and on your way to recovery! It is a hidden disease for sure.

Yeah, I was thinking to maybe finish off my pack. I am taking Mircette.