View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good idea or not?

What an awesome thing you are doing. I've donated in the past and it was a really good feeling knowing you are helping other babies. It may up your supply. It helped mine. But, I probably would not do it. I didn't have any side affects and the risks are low. However, it does go through to your milk. I wouldn't want to have it getting to my child if I was already producing enough. Also, you may find donors would prefer milk that doesn't have traces amounts of that in it. But, you could talk to your recipients and see how they feel and if you don't mind having it get to your baby then go for it.

However, can I ask you a couple of questions: When I donated, it wasn't nearly as much...maybe 500oz total. But this time around, I'm struggling to find the time to pump. I want to have a very large freezer stash because I've also struggled with low supply as my babies get over 7-9 months. Right now my baby is 4wks and I hardly have any extra in the freezer. So, if you don't mind, I have a few questions for you. 1. How old is your baby? 2. When do you pump? 3. If you do it between feedings, how often does your baby nurse? 4. Do you worry about your baby wanting to nurse right after you pump? I'm always worried that I will pump and he will suddenly want to nurse right after, but then I'm empty. It also seems like I make and have a lot more before about 2pm. (This has always been true, for all my kids.) If I pump what I have, then I feel like I'm playing catch up for the rest of the day and there isn't enough. It's like my body stops producing around noon every day. LOL.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 11-11-2012 at 09:53 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote