View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

Ds is 6 months. I have had supply trouble since about 4 1/2 months. Started supplementing at 5 months when he hadn't gained weight in a month. Did well for a bit, ds was okay going back and forth and i still had enough milk to keep him happy while nursing.
Now he is frustrated. I have less than ever. I have tried almost everything. The only thing left is domperidone. I am extremely hesitant to use it because of fears of triggering a depressive episode and at this point I really doubt that ds will hold out nursing long enough for it to get to me if I ordered it.
It absolutely breaks my heart to see him so frustrated. He is asking to nurse constantly right now ( he is getting more than enough formula to make up the difference it's more than just hungry) and he cries and pulls off because he doesn't want to wait for let down and even if he gets that far he wants to nurse for much longer than the milk lasts. He ends up screaming in frustration and we have both spent the last 24 hours doing a lot of crying.
I don't know what is the right thing to do. I don't know if it's unfair to prolong this. I keep offering when he cues to nurse because i don't want you dry up completely. I wanted to get to a year and I no longer believe its possible. I'm having a very hard time knowing if it's time to call it quits, have a few miserable days while he adjusts and hope he moves on to other things.
I am so devastated by this. Hes not ready and neither am I but my body is defective and I can't feed my baby enough.
Should I just wean him? I just want him to be happy

Last edited by Miss squish; 11-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Miss squish is offline   Reply With Quote