WeeEssentials
Registered Users
Formerly: cmarie14
seller

My Mood:
Re: Unpaper Towels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBasel View Post
I make and sell them, so I end up with all the 'wonkies' to try out, ha ha My personal favorites for using just like paper towels are single layer birdseye. These make great napkins for light meals as well. I don't do a roll, just fold them and sit them in a basket. My next favorites are either double layer birdseye or double layer cotton (I buy flour sack towels and cut them into 4's, then serge 2 together). These make GREAT dinner napkins. They are easy to clean, match everything, but add a tid bit of fancy to each meal.
I do the same (I also sell them) but my favorites have been the 2-ply. I serge around the edges, but you could turn and topstitch them easily enough if you don't have a serger. We have a kitchen drawer dedicated to towels, and I've found the 2-ply birdseye to be one of the most absorbent. (ETA: they are 12" by 12" or so)

My husband, though, swears by the 2 ply flannel I used to make burp rags, which eventually became kitchen towels. I just made some of these today, since we are due with our little "Surprise" in a month, and all the burp rags had already been rededicated to the kitchen. They measure about 11" by 16":

Make it reusable! Wipe Solution, Wipes, Mama Cloth, Wet Bags, Unpaper towels, Food Baggies, & more!
WeeEssentials on Etsy
Gabe 3-06, Ezra 9-08, & Madeline 5-10 and Abigail 12/12!
WeeEssentials is offline   Reply With Quote