leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses
I'm so glad this thread is back.

Congrats on the BFPs!

I've had a rough couple of weeks. After a BFP in mid october, (which I wasn't expecting since I thought I had AF in early Oct), I found out on halloween that I lost that baby too. None of the OBs could figure it out really, best guess is that either it was ectopic and my body resorbed it, OR it was a late implantation that somehow briefly survived all of that bleeding. Either way, losing another baby in the space of 4 months has been really difficult. Not to mention that I had promised my BFF that I'd spend last weekend with her in CA. This would have been great, except for that she's due with her 2nd tomorrow, and I basically came out there to hang out because her husband was out of town and she didn't want to be alone if she went into labor. SHE is fabulous and has been awesome throughout the past few months, but it was so hard for me to be there, knowing that I would have been 22 weeks (with the 1st baby I lost), and having just come off of my 2nd miscarriage.

Sorry to be the depressing one, but that's just where I am right now.

We might try right away, or we might wait until next month. I don't know. My OB wants to put me on progesterone next time, but I don't really know how I feel about that. Anyone want to weigh in with their experience with it?
Well, after m/c #1 @ 5w exactly, dr decided to have me start it when I got my BFP, so I did & I m/c @ 8w5d. So the next course of action was to start a couple days after O, did that for a couple cycles & I still had a CP (AF was only a few days late & that was only because I was taking the progesterone). I did one more round before we decided to TTA & I was a total mess. I am NOT taking it with this pregnancy. I don't think I have a progesterone problem as I have never tested low for it & it made me crazy. Worst emotional roller coaster EVER!!! My natural hormones make me crazy enough, so I don't need additional medication. I'm not saying you don't have low progesterone, but just because we've had a couple m/cs doesn't mean we do. Most m/cs are due to chromosomal abnormalities, which in all likelyhood, was the cause of your 1st one. If this last one was truly ectopic like you think, then that's not a progesterone issue either, it just didn't implant in the right spot. I'm not saying these things to convince you not to take it, just to make you stop and think of all the possibilities so you can decide for yourself what is best for you. HTH

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 11-11-2012 at 11:49 PM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote