View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

Oh way cool. I found mine most likely had a hidden gene that carried the mottleing. It's the only way to get it and this older chick appears to be mottled. It's so hard to tell with new feathering coming in, lol. It's like the boy-girl guessing game. Drives me crazy.

It's too nasty to go down to the coop and check, but I sure hope they at least dried some. It's soooooooooo cold to be drenched. It's almost like they were trying to tempt me to bring them in one by one and blowdry them, haha. Can you immagine?

We have 1 pip! It's one of the long eggs, so i'm super excited. The little one's umbilical herniation is doing better. I'm amazed! When it first hatched, it was thumb tip from the knuckle sized!! 8( Now it's just around 1/8th the size. Just a big scab.

Just for fun. Mrs. Purdy getting mad, lol. The other new chick and the boys.

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote