Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #75
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Oct 29 to Nov 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
What do you think; is he just not ready? He doesn't even try and it seems as though he could care less...this is a total mess!
It sounds a lot like my DS. He's just not there, but we're doing things to introduce the idea of the potty - rewarding for asking to sit on it, telling us that he's poopy, etc. I had him in training pants (the underwear-type, not CD trainers) the other day and it seemed effective in cuing him that something wasn't right when he peed in them. He never asked to go to the potty before wetting himself, but at least he was aware that he was wet & didn't like it. So we would take off the wet pants, sit on the potty & talk, and then put new pants on. I'm going to try more of that in the future. We're about to head out of town for a week and I didn't want to progress it only to have him back in diapers 100% of the time.

On another note -- the CD trainers don't seem to be doing much to assist in the potty training arena. He doesn't seem to treat them any differently that his regular CDs.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote