View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #30
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat
This is #5 for me too. And honestly, prenatal appts just aren't all that exciting anymore. If I'm feeling okay and good with the pregnancy, I go as long in between visits as they'll let me. When I'd go to schedule appointments I'd give some excuse about "that week" being bad for me, and schedule for the week after just to space them out more. Of course, if I ever felt something was off, I wouldn't hesitate to call and go in sooner. This time around I told my m/w I only wanted to come in every 6 weeks (only 12 right now) and she said that was fine.
This is my second and I am this way. I hate prenatal appt. I feel like driving 45 min and getting a hb and bp check and driving 45 min back home is annoying.

With my son, the hospital was severely onder staffed and at 38 weeks, I couldn't get an apt at 39 weeks with any doctor. I think I went 8 weeks without seeing a dr at all( 16 to 24 weeks) because of understaffing. Otherwise I went monthly.

When I got to this dr(at a civilian hospital) I thought that often sounded ridiculous until I read this thread... Oops.