View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Your least favorite cliche said to parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I like, "oh, you think it's bad now? Wait til s/he starts walking (or talking)"
I hate this. It's like people really do love to be negative.. well, of course they do, I've talked to enough people to know that people love to be negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckmumto3 View Post
"Or wait until they are teenagers..."

When we were pregnant, it seemed everyone said to us, "Your life is going to change."

Huh. No, really? I didn't get that from planning a baby at all."
someone gave me the teenager line the other day, I said something to the effect of 'teenagers and 2yos have a lot in common from what I understand'.

and the other.. yeah.. it wasn't a whim - let's just have a baby!! people do sometimes plan it out. Of course, we knew our life was going to change, but the sheer girth of all the changes is still surprising sometimes. I still find myself thinking I can do certain things and then going 'oh wait, no I can't - I have a toddler!'. and DH is a little afraid of having a newbie again because he slightly remembers the newbie stage (he was deployed for most of it, so I don't know what he's really worried about except the first 2 months).