View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A note from your child's teacher...

I am a preschool director and I give out my cell phone number to all enrolled families. I specifically ask parents to ONLY use my cell phone in case of emergency, but "emergency" means different things to different people. I've had parents call to report illnesses so I can alert other parents (that was a truly needed phone call), but then I've also had parents call to ask bizarre questions that easily could have been answered by the front office staff or waited until the next day.

All in all I don't mind the phone calls and the parents feel much more comfortable with my school knowing they can get ahold of me if needed. My DH hates it and thinks I make myself way TOO available to the parents, but it really doesn't bother me at all.

The only thing that really irked me was when I got a phone call at 8:30 at night and I was in the bathroom so I didn't answer. The caller didn't leave a message, and then the next day I got an earful from a parent who was LIVID that I hadn't answered my phone and hadn't called the number back (even though they hadn't left a message). Turns out she had a concern that she wanted to discuss (nothing serious) and was just mad that I wasn't immediately available. Seriously?! She ended up pulling her kid out of my school because I was "unavailable to parents". Uh, huh....
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote