View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mommy Mistake - How To Fix? Took Away 5yo's Birthday Party

The amount of parenting mistakes I make never ceases to amaze me. This one takes the cake, though....

In anger, I threatened to take away my child's birthday party & presents if she wouldn't stop with her tantrum. First of all, she's a freight train and I know full well she won't be stopping, no matter what threat I've made. Secondly, I always follow through with my threats, no matter how big or small.

So of course she lost her birthday party. I regret doing this deeply. I want her to understand that her aggresive behavior and tantrums are unacceptable, but I think I went too far this time.

I've given her a few changes to "earn" it back, but she's not biting what I'm serving, if you know what I mean. She clearly is upset about not having a birthday party, but is completely incapable of showing me respect and controlling her aggression.

I've always thought something is a little bit wrong with her, emotionally speaking, but that's another story.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and how did you fix the giant mess?