View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Re: Coats and Carseats...

We don't do coats in the carseat. Fleece underneath, buckle fast and then either jacket or blanket on top.

That said - I have yet to see any actual crash test safety videos on this issue. I see all the youtube videos and pictures and blogs of the with coat without coat thing and what bugs me is that while I completely understand there is risk of compression during a crash - a coat cannot compress to the point of non-existence. It just can't. So those pictures are not 100% representative of what would *actually* happen in the event of a crash.

Cloth diapers did the exact same thing as those coats did in those pictures. With the diaper the harness was not nearly as tight as without. And yet everyone claims that they don't pose a risk of compressing so it's safe. But the before and after photos would look the same - so how's that proof?

Now, I have no intention of taking that risk. Like I said - we don't use coats in the car. But I am not completely convinced the risks are as high as suggested by some.