11-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Re: Walmart doesn't carry my family's favorite oatmeal-to-go bar, can I make my own?
Here's one I like.
Chewy Oatmeal Bars
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
4 ounces vanilla (or plain) yogurt
1 large egg white, beaten lightly
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup oats (I use old fashioned)
1/2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
1. Mix together sugars, yogurt, egg white, oil, milk and vanilla.
2. Sift together dry ingredients and add to mixture.
3. Stir in oats and raisins.
4. Spread dough onto an ungreased 8x8 inch pan.
5. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 bars.
(I normally skip the cinnamon, and make these with dried cranberries & chocolate chips- our family's favorite combination!)