View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 1st/2nd grade curriculum ?? NOT religious?

I would agree with the Oak Meadow suggestion, just buy 2nd grade as I understand the math is pretty light (you could always supplement a different program if you wanted). I have found it easy to just buy the programs I want that work for my kids but Oak Meadow is tempting. I do have a 2nd grader but he is a bit difficult and totally blew my curriculum plans out of the water. I can tell you what I had planned for the year and list some of the other secular curriculum options. I almost always just buy pieces though. Most are pretty open and go because I don't like a lot of planning, the exceptions would be science and history you do need to do a bit of preplanning there.

I homeschool year round by starting when I want and ending when we are done then just starting right away with the next grade level. It isn't official year round homeschooling but I don't follow local public school schedule.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote