View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
brookglen
Registered Users

Medical bills and scam?

I have been getting phone calls from a lab that claims to work with my OB's office. But my OB has an in house lab. They say that they have been trying to send me a bill or something but don't have my current address. This has all been through voice mail because I don't answer calls from blocked numbers. This sounds fishy right? I mean, if they so desperately needed my info couldn't they just contact my doctors office? Or even my insurance company? I looked up the lab name online and they have one review on yelp and it's a really really bad one.

Is this common in the prenatal world? I feel like we paid a lot of bills to outside laboratories with my last pregnancy and even then I was suspicious. But then my insurance was really crappy so I didn't know what I was required to pay for. This time we have super amazing insurance through the motion picture union. I know that most of this pregnancy should be covered which is why I'm questioning this. It seems like it would be a pretty easy scam. Those lab bills are alway in Greek and impossible to decipher and pregnancy care tends to bring it the sucker in all of us.

Last edited by brookglen; 11-14-2012 at 03:20 PM.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote