View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: any EBF mommas NOT wait?

I ebf all my kids.

My first showed all the signs of being ready for solids at 5 months. She nolonger pushed stuff out of her mouth, had been sittingg since she was 4 1/2 months. She was even crawling. I held her off for 2 weeks but gave in at 5 1/2 months to my child because she seemed almost desperate to have solid foods.

Ds1 showed absolutely no desire for solids until around 11 months old. Even then he only ate a few tablespoons a day.

Ds2 showed interest in solid foods around 10 months old.

My first 2 didn't wean until almost 4 years of age despite the wide difference in starting solids. My third child is now 17 months old and shows do interest in weaning.

As for the allergies I read somewhere that kids who are likely to get. Food allergies tend not to want solids as early not that starting late caused the allergy.

When asked I say do your research, know the signs of readyness, know your child and go from there. Some kids are ready to start earlier than others. Ignore the pressure or politely tell them when they have their children they get/got to make their own choices. This baby belongs to you and your so. Your two get to make that decision for your own children. Unless of course they want to pay your child's food bill through college. Then I just might say take them up on it.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 11-14-2012 at 04:28 PM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote