fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Article about early education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom View Post
I've read a similar article before, but was still one of those people researching preschool curriculum. My daughter is a sponge at this age (as all kids are), so I teach her stuff as we encounter things. We don't do formal lessons by any means. I've been searching for a curriculum for when she turns 3 because I feel like the way I teach her is probably a little scatter-brained, so I thought a unit study approach would encourage me to look at things more in depth. I think I'm going to go w/ Flowering Baby b/c it seems to have a gentle approach, but still has the structure that will help me. Lastly, I'm glad that article was so keen on cooking b/c while I've been including my daughter in chores for awhile, I recently decided to make it a point to cook with her once a week.
That "scatter brained" stuff isn't so scatter brained to her, I can promise you that. Cooking, cleaning with mommy and playing (in a variety of ways.. with you, with other kids if possible, by herself) is the ways that she learns best, and the only thing a 3 year old needs.