View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Preschoolers and healthy diet

Could you try cooking everything altogether for a few meals? For instance, slice up the veggies and throw them in the crock pot with the meat and potatoes?

Sometimes I find that a veggie my kids "don't like" manages to get mostly eaten if it is just mixed in with everything else. Maybe they don't know what it is, or maybe they're just too lazy to pick it out, I dunno. But worth a shot!

Another idea... could you try her on sauces with her veggies? Maybe you already do that. My kids will devour raw broccoli, raw carrots, raw celery, etc. with ranch dressing, or cooked broccoli with some melted cheddar on top.

There's a great meal you can make with rice, broccoli, cheese, and ground turkey.

I usually make it starting with "hamburger helper" - it's called like cheesy rice and broccoli or something. (:blush - I know, not the healthiest, right?!) and then I add cooked, ground turket breast, and lots of cooked broccoli, and some extra cheddar cheese. It winds up really good. I just kind of use the box crap as a starter for the meal, I guess. I've also used frozen broccoli w/cheese and mixed it in, too. It was delicious.

You can also cook some veggies and mash them up and add them to mashed potatoes.

does she watch Wonderpets? Can you point out how they are eating celery!? LOL. I know, I'm grasping at straws here.

There's a yummy snack you can make called "ants on a log".... celery sticks w/peanut butter in the middle and raisins lined up on top of the peanut butter. Maybe that would make it fun?

Ok, that's all I got. Best wishes!
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote