View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

minimalist family and out of control grandma buying?

first off we live with my inlaws. second of all my mom has gone mad buying unwanted baby items off discount websites. at first it was something here and there and we could actually use which was nice. however now it has turned into a shopping addiction where she buys alot of cloths, toys, and weird baby gadgets that my family just doesnt need. my old room at her house has turned into a storage space for all the boxes of things she has bought for us.

i have told her to spend the money on things she wants. i have refused items all together. i even told her to put the money in a bank account for lo when he gets older so he can go to college. NOTHING IS WORKING.

i feel bad because if i dont take it the stuff just sits there and more comes. if i take it i dont use it and it clutters my house. this has caused quite alot of stress within the family because now she is in money troubles, my dad is barely staying afloat (shes a SAHM due to disability and uses the money from disability to buy the stuff).

i asked her why she kept buying stuff and she said because she wants to help support us. i told her that loving her grandson was the most i could ever want and need.

on top of the buying i dont like alot of crap in my house and i like to keep it simple. i also dont want lo to grow up so materialistic or demanding items that dh and i cant afford. what do i do?