View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #47
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your least favorite cliche said to parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
We have three boys, ages 9, 7, and 4. Before dd was on the way we would hear COUNTLESS times 'you trying for that little girl right??' Once I was pregnant they would say 'please tell me that's finally a girl in there!' After dd was born and even now in the present I get stopped ALL the time by random strangers...'oh you finally got a girl!' 'Well she doesn't stand a chance does she??' 'I bet daddy's happy to finally have a girl!'

Um, excuse me rude stranger, do you not realize that minimizing the importance if my sons is hurtful to them?? Do you not see that commenting that we 'finally did something right' means our boys were all wrong?! Please close your mouth and walk away before I
And the opposite side of that- "oh, you have one of each. You can stop at 2" . As if the goal is to have one of each. Um we sure we were stopping at 2 even if the were both the same gender.