View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
rohirette's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,489
Re: pain beyond anything

You need an attorney. NOW. Family law. There is no other answer.

Do you still have your relinquishment papers? Do you remember the names of any social workers?

If the child is in CPS custody, it is possible that the foster parents would be open to contact. I would ask your attorney for guidance on this. I will state that it is very unlikely that a contract could be constructed that allows for "adopting back." Relinquishment and termination of parental rights isn't a two way door (wildly rare circumstances aside.) You were told what you wanted to hear.

Get that attorney.
Me, a WOHM, DH Dave, DD Ruby
rohirette is offline