View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Meganeliz9
Registered Users
seller

Daycare positives

I am really tired of all the judgey SAHMs and others who think that daycare is an evil word and that I'm a bad mom because I work FT and have to send my child to daycare. (Both on boards like this and in my personal life)

There are lots of positives to daycare! I'd love to hear your daycare positives and good stories about an awesome daycare teacher or experience you've had.

So far my little one has been at his center for 1 month. He's well taken care of, even if it's not by me. I think the quality of the time I spend with him is more important than the quantity. Daycare kids are usually more flexible about their routines. They are more social earlier and usually have better abilities to share, play nicely with other children, and even communicate. They have a much easier time transitioning to school. That's what I can think of right now--what are yours?

(this is not to say that home daycares are bad or having family watch your children is bad--I'm just sick of the assumption that daycare is a lesser alternative or a last resort)
Meganeliz9 is offline   Reply With Quote