View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #66
rileykidmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A note from your child's teacher...

We actually call E's teacher every so often; she gave us her cell and home phone numbers. (Her home phone number was only given to US, not the rest of the class.) I have never called her home phone number; I have only called her cell out of respect. I also send notes like a mad woman. I can't imagine it couldn't wait or she couldn't send a note. *We communicate so much because E is coming off a 20 hr long surgery and misses about an hour of school a day for medical reasons.* Managing to keep up while missing an hour a day in a gifted and talented class is very tough for E and requires a lot of scheduling tweaks that I need to be aware of in case anything happens. to you, mama!

Also, we have had many emergency situations with E and have never called her urologist or doc directly. We go to the ER, see the doc in specialty on call and he or she has the freedom to call E's doc. *This happened the last time we were in the ER.* I felt bad the doc on call had to call E's doc, but he knows a lot more about E than the doc on call does and it was during acceptable hours. I've also been called directly by E's docs on my cell from their private cells and I've never saved their numbers. They have lives, too.

Last edited by rileykidmama; 11-15-2012 at 12:28 PM.
rileykidmama is offline   Reply With Quote