View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
CCorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wake County Schools (Raleigh area, NC)??? HELP!

Join Triangle mommies.com those ladies will be able to help you out some. Like I said before the system doesn't know what is going on. They had 1 assignment plan that let parents choose their school now they figured out that wasn't going to work so they fired the super and now are trying to figure out what to do. The thing about Wake schools is that they want to schools to be diverse so you could live in a neighborhood where 1 neighbor goes to one school, the neighbor 2 streets over could go to another school. Its crazy. I did find this http://wwwgis2.wcpss.net/addressLookup/
There isn't really an area that you can look at for one school. All assignments are based on your address. I know its crazy. You could have the realtor like up the address before hand. Just keep in mind that after the 2013-2014 school year, the board could change the assignment system again.

Sorry. I've seen parents talk about they drive by 3 different elementary schools to reach the school they were assigned too. Good luck!