View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #102
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
OP:

I liked your response on p 5 (not quoting because it's long). You should look for a service in your area, you might be surprised to find something. If you don't find a diaper service I really recommend you do some more research into the different types of cloth diapers available.

My hubby and I both work full time outside the home and our baby wears nothing but cloth. Before he started eating solids I never had to do anything special with the poop, all the diapers were just washed thoroughly every 2-3 days. Yes, now I deal with poop, but it's no worse than picking up after our dog. The poopy diapers are thrown in a bucket in the bathroom, and when it's wash day I dunk the poopy ones in the toilet using a pair of bbq tongs and give them a rinse with water and oxiclean if needed. Then all the diapers go in the wash. It takes about 10 minutes out of my day, costs me nothing but the price of water and detergent (most estimates say a load of laundry costs 1-2$ total), and it saves 100 years of landfill waste. Our son has never had a diaper rash, and we don't ever worry about exposing his genitals to the nasty chemicals in disposables.

And the people on here are very helpful if you have questions.

Good luck!

Last edited by Palooka; 11-15-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote