View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Anyone had their tonsils removed?

Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Looks like those of use with embedded or pitted were the ones who needed the surgery!?? I wonder if that the majority of adults needing it? Idk. But let's say, I lost 15 pounds, couldn't OPEN my mouth for a week and in order to eat had to suck on cheese. LOL! And my breath wasps horrible no one would stay in my room with me. Hahaha!! I couldn't do 'soft' food. Even that required swallowing. And after surgery even water felt like glass going down. But it's like my water birth. It was so painful- indescribable.. But worth it. And at least you get meds for tonsils, lol
Yep, that described me to a T. I basically just doped myself up on painkiller and slept for a week, b/c I couldn't do anything else. I could only suck on ice, but not just dribbled down my throat. I ended up back in the hospital due to dehydration b/c I was vomiting, and like you I lost around 15lbs. Sometimes I want to punch my mother b/c she refused to get it done when I was younger (my tonsils had been that way as long as I can remember), and I think that made the recovery so much worse. My son had his tonsils removed at 3, and he bounced back like nothing happened.
Mom to Greyson, 14

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote